Welp. Today is my birthday. But even more fun, today is my one year anniversary for this blog! (Is it blogiversary or bloggiversary? I’ve seen both.)
I can’t believe I’m still writing this thing. And that people actually read it. Honestly, it’s still really weird to hear from people that they read my blog. To those of you who have told me that you have, hello and thank you! To those of you who are lurkers, feel free to unlurk anytime.
When I started this blog a year ago, I honestly didn’t know if I would make it to a year. I had been blogging earlier for 6 years straight and then burned out completely. Since this blog didn’t really have a set goal in mind, the temptation to quit was always there. I’ve seen many bloggers start off being really excited only to quit 3 months in. So for me to make it this far is excellent.
I set a schedule of when and what I was going to write three days a week. And I kept it! Kinda like with my running (no, I won’t talk about that again right now. Don’t worry.) In case you missed it the first time around, here is the reason of Why Do I Blog?
I can be a stats nerd and I’ve been keeping track of what the top viewed posts on my blog have been since I started writing. The top five has been a very close race and I’ve been refreshing every day to see what would come ahead. The last one came out of nowhere but based on what keywords people are searching, it appears I am not the only one who has faced these in life.
- That Time that God Hit Me in the Head (aka that time God made me do something I didn’t want to do but worth it)
- Trusting God When Things Seem Impossible (aka why one should always just keep trusting that God knows best)
- The Girl Who Waited (aka waiting sucks but if God wants to you do it, do it)
- Celeb Fangirling: The Josh Groban edition (aka this is how my relationship with Josh Groban began)
- When Someone is Mad at You and You Don’t Know Why (aka one of the greatest unsolved mysteries in life)
While those were the top five VIEWED posts, here are some others that I really enjoyed writing and are also personal favorites
- That Time God Helped Me Be Able to Forgive (aka that time I chose to forgive someone who hurt me)
- (561) Days of [Insert Failed Relationship of Choice Here] (aka how (500) Days of Summer is the movie of my life)
- The Impossible Girl (aka why this is my theme for 2014)
- Grape Juice That Burns! (aka or why I am that weird girl who prefers beer over wine)
- The one achievement that will never be unlocked (aka why I can’t play video games)
Since I started this blog, I’ve had a lot of opportunities happen for myself which has been great. But in all honesty, what is far more awesome is the reaction I get from folks who have gotten stuff out of what I’ve written. I never really thought that all the crap I go through in life actually can help people but apparently it has if all of you seem to have stuck around for this long.
And for that I say again thank you. Thank you for all the comments, the follows, the retweets, the shares, liking the Facebook page. I wish I could offer a giveaway or something (perhaps in the future) but for now just know this:
Now let’s just go out and celebrate. Here’s to another year of blogging!