This week, my posts will be taking a look back at 2014 and looking forward to 2015.
It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
That is pretty much how I could sum up 2014. But we’re not going to focus on the worst of times today (or any time at all this week). We’re going to look back and see the good that happened to me this year.
- Became a contributor to Entertainment Weekly
- Got favorited, retweeted AND replied to by Josh Groban on Twitter.
- Also was replied to by John Cho on Twitter.
- Saw Josh Groban twice in concert. (Sadly he did not see me)
- Got to be bridesmaid for the first time and saw two of my best friends get married to each other.
- Was quoted in an article for the Wall Street Journal.
- Had to get used to being called and referring to myself “Aunt Debbie” (unofficial aunt, not actual aunt) to one of the cutest babies ever
- Finally got to visit Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and was able to cross off another item from my bucket list.
- Went to my first MLS game.
- Got to dog sit/house sit several times throughout the year and was able to pretend I owned a house for a while.
- I ran my first 5k.
- Actually played D&D for the first time and beheaded a sleeping wolf.
- Won a crap ton of stuff during the summer. (Too many to list)
- Saw Buzz Aldrin in person.
- Did a Goose Island scavenger hunt in DC for my birthday. (Did not win but two of my best friends got 2nd place and a staycation!)
- Was surprised by my girlfriends with a birthday dinner. (Seriously, was completely caught off guard)
- Tried many fantastic beers throughout the year. (Too many to list)
- Received a “signed photo” of Paul McDonald as a Christmas present
- Saw Guardians of the Galaxy a total of five times in theaters. (And it was wonderful each and every time)
- Saw God work in my life a lot. (More about that on Wednesday)
- Got a job that I absolute love. #blessed
So all in all, I’d have to say that it was a pretty good year. (Still didn’t get to learn how to be Katniss but whatevs. Over it.) I’m hoping that 2015 will bring in a lot of new adventures (good ones) and I’m ready to face them all.
Also for fun and giggles these were the top 5 posts on this blog for 2014.
Actually it makes me sad at how many people have come across the first post. It seems A LOT of people have felt that same way.