Blue meth candy (aka homemade pop rock candy) I received for my birthday!
On Tuesday, I finally caught up with the current episode of Breaking Bad. I started watching the show on Netflix on August 8. I finished on September 10. Yep, that’s right. It took me 32 days to watch the entire series. I don’t really make a habit of binge watching TV shows especially not TV dramas. I did it once with How I Met Your Mother, again over the course of a month, but that seems easier because it’s a comedy. With dramas, it tends to be harder since they are longer and the subject matter is so serious. I had to sandwich episodes of Doctor Who in between episodes of Breaking Bad to lighten up the mood. I mean there’s only so much heaviness one can take in a day.
I started watching the show mainly because the majority of my guy friends watch it and rave about it and all seemed pretty shocked that I wasn’t already watching it. To be honest, I never really knew much about the show until probably last year. When it first came on, I wasn’t really watching many shows on cable and at the time I was only really hooked on Lost. Plus Bryan Cranston was just Malcom’s dad to me so him in anything else just seemed weird. But as the show grew in popularity and, like I said my guy friends were all into it, I figured what the hey, it’s on Netflix, I’ll give it a shot.
I plan on breaking down certain aspects of the show later on but from what I’ve seen here were my brief overall thoughts on it. If you follow me on Twitter (@beatccr) , you had the privilege of reading my thoughts as I live tweeted episodes so some of these might seem a bit familiar.
- I don’t like Walt.
- I hope Walt dies by the end of series.
- I don’t hate Skyler.
- I don’t agree with everything she has done, I don’t like how her character seems like a roadblock for the writers, but I don’t hate her.
- I like Walter Jr. and I feel sorry for him.
- Marie has grown on me.
- I don’t understand why Gomez is still only a supporting character even though he has been on the show every season in a ton of episodes
- I would watch a whole show just with Jesse, Badger and Skinny Pete
- I want to hug Jesse
- I got really annoyed at Walt cutting off the crusts of his sandwich because not only did he waste a lot of bread, but he also wasted the spread inside (and yes I know the reasoning behind him cutting it).
- Walt’s briefs annoy me
- I had such a craving for fried chicken watching this show
- I would approve a spinoff for Saul’s character
- I cringed when the Dodge Challenger got destroyed
- NA Meetings don’t really happen like how they are portrayed on the show
- Geeked out that the NA leader killed his daughter in Portsmouth (yay for hometown shoutouts!)
- So many people on the show had no emotion whatsoever. It doesn’t hurt to smile sometimes.
- Drugs are bad, yo. Don’t forget that, BITCH.
Jimmy Fallon does the BEST parodies of shows I love and he just released this one for Breaking Bad. I nearly busted a gut laughing because of all the in jokes. Plus I was excited because I got everything!
Are you addicted to the show as well? Who’s your favorite character? What do you think will happen at the end of the show?